September is when the cream rises to the top, and that’s definitely true of our MLB.com/blogs Latest Leaders. See which blogs brought their best stuff during the final month of the regular season and discover your new favorite blog to follow throughout the postseason and beyond. Make sure to leave your URL here in the comments — or a permalink to a post you’d like to share with the community!
Here are your Leaders from September 1-30:
1. Dodger Insider
2. Just Mets
3. Better Off Red
4. The Halo Way
5. Dodgers Photog Blog
7. MLB.com Fantasy 411
8. Cait Covers the Bases
9. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave
10. On Cloud Conine
11. Brandon and Brandon
12. Our Game
13. Curly W Live
14. Cubs Vine Line Blog
15. Inside the White Sox
16. SF Giants Photos
17. Friar Wire
18. Major League Baseball Urban Youth Academy – Compton, CA
19. The Wave of Perseverance
20. Around the Horn in KC
21. Cardinals Insider
22. Desde el Desierto
23. Roof Report
24. Reds Urban Youth Academy
25. Astros Mission Control
26. White Shark
27. Phillies Insider
28. Newberg Report
30. TVA Jacques
31. Braves Give
32. MLB.com Blogs Central
33. Comerica Park, 48201
34. Twins Pics
35. Matt’s Bats
36. Step up to B.A.T.
37. Rays Radio
38. Voices of The Game
39. BTF Today
40. The First Week of Summer
41. Homestand Blog by Yankees Magazine
42. The Cutoff Man
43. From the Booth with Steve Stewart
44. Baseball with Matt
45. Beyond the Ballpark
46. Baseball Books
47. MLBPAA Intern Insider
48. Medias Blancas con Orgullo
49. Write ’em Cowboy
50. BERNIE’S BASEBALL WORLD
1. The Baseball Collector
2. Around the Horn Talk
3. Universo Béisbol
4. The Ballpark Guide
5. La Pagina de Tony Menendez
6. Shoestring Catches
8. The Brewer Nation
9. Mets Plus
10. Cove Chatter
11. Big Apple Baseball Blog
12. Dodger Blue World
13. Dazzy Vance Chronicles
14. The AustralianBaseballDigest
15. Minoring In Baseball
16. Phillies Phollowers
17. cat loves the dodgers
18. The Unbiased MLB Fan
19. Pinstripe Birthdays
20. Bleacher Boy
21. Blue Jays Musings
22. Dedicado al Baseball
23. The HÅlos Network
24. Born on Third
25. The Blue Jays Dugout
27. Cardinal Red Baseball
28. Fish Fry
29. The Canuck Cubbie
30. Minor League Madhouse
31. Rolling Thunder
32. The Baseball Sociologist
33. I’m Not A Headline Guy…
34. Bumgarner Snotrockets
35. The Angels’ Ace
37. Gregg’s Baseball Bookcase
38. Metsin’ Around
39. Plouffe’s New Hairdo
41. Coco Crisp’s Afro
42. Beisbol 007
43. We Gotta Believe!
44. The Winning Run
45. Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball
46. steel city ballhawk
47. Baseball’s Relatives
48. Chavez Chronicles
49. Chatter From the Cheap Seats
50. Desde el Monstruo Verde
MLB.COM BEAT WRITERS
1. Muskat Ramblings
2. Beck’s Blog
3. Mark My Word
4. By Gosh, It’s Langosch
5. The Zo Zone
6. Bombers Beat
7. All Nats All the Time
8. The Fish Pond
9. Postcards From Elysian Fields
10. Britt’s Bird Watch
11. Mariners Musings
12. Bowman’s Blog
13. Change for a Nickel
14. North of the Border
15. Mets Cetera
16. Tag’s Lines
17. Gonzo and ‘The Show’
18. Brownie Points
19. Major League Bastian
20. Haft-Baked Ideas
1. Ben’s Biz Blog
2. Crawdads Beat
3. MiLB.com’s PROSPECTive Blog
4. Inside the San Jose Giants
5. The Shuck Dynasty
6. The Inside Pitch
7. Rollin’ with Rick PawSox
8. The 2-2 Pitch
9. The Dash Board
10. Rattler Radio
11. Docking With the Ports
12. Porcupines in Pinstripes
13. Minor Details
14. 45 Miles From Fenway
15. Holding Down the Fort
16. Unlocking the Keys
17. The G-Blog
18. Hook, Line and Sinker
19. Rich Burk’s Short Hops
20. From the Nest
21. Not Just Baseball…Aceball
22. Intimidating Insight
23. Salem Sox Talk
24. Nine Lives
25. Inside the Chiefs
Reminder: These rankings are based on Unique Visits measured by Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and we may change the metrics from time to time at our discretion. As always, keeping mind that our data is unrelated to the traffic stats you see in your WordPress.com dashboard that measure traffic differently. Blogs only can be tracked for this list if they use an MLB theme. If you switch to a different WordPress.com theme for a day or two during that month, those page views will not be included for these purposes because they cannot be recorded by MLB.com.
It’s the time of year for managerial changes, but in a world where chopping and changing seems to be the default decision, MLB.com’s Tracy Ringolsby hails the Rockies for sticking with manager Walt Weiss. In a post to his Write ’em Cowboy MLB Pro Blog, the Hall of Fame Spink Award winner credits the team with not making a knee-jerk reaction and parting ways with Weiss following a difficult season.
- Newberg Report pays tribute to Cole Hamels for his impact on the Rangers season.
- The AL Wild Card Game matchup with the Astros has The Cutoff Man‘s attention.
- I’m Not a Headline Guy doesn’t see good signs in the way the Yankees’ season ended.
- Re-live the Dodgers clinching NLDS home-field advantage with cat loves the dodgers.
- Blue Jays Musings looks ahead at John Gibbons’ possible roster for the ALDS.
- MLB.com beat writer Carrie Muskat says it was quite a season for the Chicago Cubs.
- The Canuck Cubbie thinks the North Siders are giving their fans reason to believe.
- One division had the three best records in MLB and stlcardinalsminimo is impressed.
- The Pirates will host the NL Wild Card Game as buccosreview recaps their final series.
- Phillies Phollowers was there as the Phillies won their finale to avoid 100 losses.
- Coincidentally, an early countdown to Opening Day 2016 comes from Phillies Insider.
- The reigning champs fought valiantly, but Giants Fan Carm says to cue the fat lady.
- Our Game features a guest column with 10 thoughts by MLB Network’s Elliott Kalb.
- Read this tribute to longtime Sox announcer Don Orsillo by Standing Room Only.
- Steel city ballhawk was on hand Friday night at PNC Park for another Pirates win.
- Here are postseason previews from Brien O’Raighne and The World of Sports.
- Newberg Report digests the news that the Rangers will play on beyond Game 162.
- The Yankees punched their postseason ticket and The Cutoff Man has it covered.
- Call to the Bullpen‘s podcast previews the final weekend of the regular season.
- The NL Central is the best division in baseball according to Sports Stats on Tapp.
- Oscar’s Thoughts MLB writes up the 93rd win of the 2015 season for the Cubs.
- John Gibbons is giving some of his guys a rest and Blue Jays Musings approves.
- Just Mets explains the Mets’ situation as far as NLDS home-field advantage.
- Here are five storylines for the end of the regular season from The Kaba Report.
- Keller’s Blog revisits preseason predictions for the postseason-bound Pirates.
- Should we all be rooting for the Cubs this postseason as the cola recommends?
- Bird Land says the dethroned Orioles are heading into a critical offseason.
- Get in the mood for Oktoberfest with this photo gallery from SF Giants Photos.
1. Blue Jays, Cardinals clinch division titles. Toronto is celebrating as the Jays were crowned AL East champions on Wednesday night, leaving Blue Jays Musings enjoying the achievement and Matthew Walthert feeling the love. In the NL Central, the Cardinals delighted stlcardinalsminimo by mathematically eliminating the Pirates to pop the corks. Speaking of the Redbirds, MLB.com’s Richard Justice has some high praise for the team with the best record in baseball in his Justice4U MLB Pro Blog.
2. Tight AL Wild Card race. The Halo Way posted photos of an eventful night at Angel Stadium that saw the Angels blast five homers, but still drop an important game to the A’s that leaves them on the outside looking in on the AL Wild Card race. The Yankees could’ve sewn up a postseason spot, but fell to the rival Red Sox in extra innings, leaving The Cutoff Man to lament an opportunity squandered. Chipalatta is relegated to scoreboard watching on on off day for the Astros, who currently are in the lead for the second and final AL Wild Card.
3. Teams prepping after clinching. We Gotta Believe! took a guess at the Mets’ NLDS roster, while Just Mets checks in on Jon Niese’s status for the postseason. On the other coast, cat loves the dodgers speculates as to Don Mattingly’s roster to face the Mets in next week’s Division Series and Dodger Insider writes that the team is taking measure of its pitching.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday in the comments below!
- Looking for Dodger postseason swag? Dodger Insider has all the details for you.
- Another Girl with a Sports Blog asks some questions following the Dodgers’ clinch.
- How do you like Hawk Harrelson’s call in the video shared by Inside the White Sox?
- Agree with The Canuck Cubbie that Joe Maddon deserves NL Manager of the Year?
- Tom Singer wonders how the Pirates will deal with not winning the NL Central.
- Do you see the postseason going the same as The Walk-Off Sports Blog does?
- Our Game revisits a famous game from October 1951. Where does it rank for you?
- Who are your favorites for awards season? Sconnie Sports Talk shares their picks.
- On Cloud Conine wants to know if you’ve seen what Adeiny Hechavarría can do.
- Can you think of a more fitting birthday tribute to a dad than The Winning Run‘s?
- Call to the Bullpen looks at whether form heading into the postseason matters.
- How much adversity have the Cardinals faced this season? WWLCB recaps it all.
- Will you be tuning in to see how Bleacher Boy‘s television debut goes tonight?
- Cat loves the dodgers has appealed to the baseball gods to let the Dodgers clinch.
- The Giants beat their ancient rivals on Monday and SF Giants Photos posted pics.
- The Wayniac Nation looks at some clubs enjoying resurgences this season.
- How much can 10 days change a division race? Around the Horn Talk explores.
- Just Mets discusses Matt Harvey’s comments on pitching before the postseason.
- Here are some dramatic super moon eclipse ballpark photos from The Halo Way.
- Joe Frisaro explains what a strong finish for the Marlins can do for the club.
- See photos and stories from the Wrigley stop on Chavez Chronicle‘s ballpark tour.
- TribeVibe thanks #TribeTown with details on October 3 Fan Appreciation Night.
- Think the Cubs promoted all their top prospects? Daniel Satter has news for you.
- The Distinguished Grizzly shares an updated power rankings for the final week.
On the heels of the news that his 2015 season has come to an abrupt end because of a shoulder issue, Cardinals second-year phenom Carlos Martinez took the opportunity to send a message to fans through his The Wave of Perseverance MLB Pro Blog. In the post, Martinez says he’ll be in the dugout cheering on his teammates as they look to bring the franchise a 12th World Series championship. He also talks about his charitable initiative that is looking to get gloves to underprivileged kids in his hometown in the Dominican Republic.
- The Mets won their first division title since 2006 and We Gotta Believe! has videos.
- Just Mets talks about how much a return to postseason baseball means to Mets fans.
- That’s The Pitch enjoyed watching the Blue Jays celebrate the end of the longest postseason drought in North American sports, while Tigers Forever is throwing her support behind Canada’s Team this October.
- Luis Severino continues his rise in the Yankees’ rotation, says The Cutoff Man, while Overtime examines some potential postseason opponents for the Bombers.
- It’s the final countdown for the Astros over at youstontx.
- Dodger Insider advises Dodger fans anxious for clinching to keep their hats on.
- It was a fun weekend in the nation’s capital for the Phillies and Phillies Insider.
- The Masthead recaps a recent visit to Angel Stadium for a Blue Jays-Angels game and The Halo Way has pics from Sunday’s win over the Mariners that gave the Angels a weekend sweep.
- Flashin’ Leather saw the Tigers’ home finale as a microcosm of their entire season.
- Carrie Muskat asked Starlin Castro about his walk-up music at Musket Ramblings.
- TribeVibe put together a guide to the season’s final homestand at Progressive Field.
- With the Mets on the cusp of a division title, Just Mets recaps a wild couple of months.
- Dodgers Photog Blog has photos from a win that lowered the magic number to three.
- Do you know the two pitchers with the statistical lines listed by Balls and Strikes?
- Stephengrassia breaks down the battle for home field between the Mets and Dodgers.
- A re-appearance by the Cardinals offense was music to the ears of stlcardinalsminimo.
- Hit the Cut offers up the 2015 MLB(ryan) Awards, chosen by a baseball coach.
- The final road weekend of the season has Phillies Insider looking to play spoiler.
- Drinking the Royals Blue Aid will miss seeing Greg Holland on the mound this fall.
- A recent visit to Boston and Fenway Park inspired steel city ballhawk‘s latest post.
- Meanwhile, Victoria Thim posted great shots of Fenway before and after sunset.
- Wednesday was Vin Scully Bobblehead Night and catlovesthedodgers has pics.
- Cait Covers the Bases shares film festival trailers featuring Hank the Ballpark Pup.